1. We had a tree frog join us for breakfast breakfast one Saturday morning.
2. The picture of the living room is from “Aimless Musings.” A couple bought a church and renovated it into a home.
3. In Sunday’s second reading, Ephesians 5:15-20, St. Paul tells us, “and do not get drunk on wine, in which lies debauchery.” The word debauchery takes into account much sin. Words like, moral decay, corruption, vice, depravity, immodesty, indecency, perversion, iniquity, wickedness, lust, and lewdness are just a few. I never really thought about the word and wonder if anyone else ever reflected about it.
4. Our Cursillo group has been listening to Matthew Kelly's, CD, “The seven Pillars of Catholic Spirituality.” His message is not really new but looks at the Catholic religion in a unique way. His ideas are interesting and are worth reflecting on. Two things that stood out to me were the following statements.
“God wants us to become the best of ourselves.”
“Our lives change when our habits change.”
My Cursillo weekend taught me these things and I have been working on changing my habits to be a better son of God.
Watch Matthew’s video here.
5. Tim Mullaney from USA Today wrote an article about America’s middle class. “The median household’s net worth dropped 28% to $93,150.” So, how bad was it for those below the middle class? There was another interesting piece of statistic, “the top 20% of the population saw its wealth quickly rebound from the recession and incomes rise.” Something for Congress and the Presidential candidates to think about.
7. My ebook, "Wards of Faerie: The Dark Legacy of Shannara," has arrived.