1. Missed last week because I went to a historical miniature convention in Fredericksburg, Virginia. It’s called Historicon and our son Todd joined me. It was a great weekend and I enjoyed spending the time together. Some photos below.
|Todd, second from left. Aerodrome 1.1 hosted by Richard, far right.|
|Battle for Petersburg 1781 hosted by Ronald.|
2. I took Tricia’s advise, “Fun Resources for Married Couples and went to the site, "Love Letters from Kansas." I took the romance quiz and I am a “Resolute Heart.”
3. News from Tuck at Denbigh; “It was reported today that the Damson Dene Hotel in England’s picturesque Lake District was replacing its traditional Gideon Bibles in each room with a copy of the popular “adult” (“adult” as in “pornographic”) novel Fifty Shades of Grey.” The hotel, which was ironically bought from a Methodist group several years ago, decided that having Gideon Bibles around was “wholly inappropriate” in our postmodern, secular society.”
4. Dee and I took care of Duncan, our grand-dog, for a few days. Our son Eric had a business trip and his wife Lynne and the boys are out of town. Duncan is old, he doesn’t hear well and does not handle the stairs very well. He likes long walks with me and I always make sure he has plenty of food and water. We enjoyed his visit.
|Duncan resting. He doesn't care to have his picture taken.|
5. The air conditioning stopped pushing cold air Thursday night. My HVAC technician Peter was able to get it functioning again by Friday afternoon. Thank you Lord for my friend Peter.
6. The funniest blog for July 2012 goes to Jennifer.
7. Please pray for the men on their Cursillo weekend in Petersburg, Virginia.