1. It took a couple of moves but it appears that the hawk decoy is doing it’s job. I haven’t heard nor seen the woodpecker all week. Well, this is what I wrote earlier, then came the familiar hammering sound. More research required.
2. I picked up a chest cold this week and have been drinking a lot more water, resting and taking medication. An irritating thing to get but fortunately it doesn’t stick around too long.
3. On “Catholic Answers Live” there was a young woman who called in to ask Tim Staples about blogging. Her name is Katherine Lynn and she is a Catholic convert. Please check out her blog, “The Grass is Greener on the Catholic Side.”
5. Next week, May 8, is our forty-first wedding anniversary. I have been blessed to have such a loving soul mate.
6. Our son Todd brought his best friend from college down to Richmond. Patrick needed a place to stay while he checked out the career opportunities. So he moved in with us and became our fourth son.
Once he established himself he persuaded Elizabeth to marry him and move south as well. We soon had a new daughter as well. As the years passed there would be three added grandchildren. So, when the oldest was making her First Communion we were there. Madeleine was radiant in her white dress. You could see the love of Jesus in her eyes and hear it in her voice and she spoke about receiving Him. It was a beautiful day.
7. I am a child of the seventies and one song that I have always enjoyed has been “Sylvia’s Mother” by Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show. For those of you interested, watch it here.
8. This morning I had coffee on our screened in porch. The temperature was a comfortable 73 degrees with a slight breeze. I did my readings with background music coming from the birds as they went about their morning tasks. It was tranquil and helped me to concentrate and get closer to Him.