"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Slow Takes (vol. 46)


1. My brother in Christ, Victor, sent this email to our Cursillo community. I wrote about his hospitalization back in November of 2011. Thank you for your prayers.
“By the Grace of God, I am happy to say that I am alive and doing well. Latest tests show that my colitis is inactive and I don’t have cancer. I’m slowly gaining my strength back but it will take several more months to return to normal. I tire early in the day so I have to make sure I don’t overdo any activities.
There are no words to express my gratitude to my Cursillo family for all
the love, prayers and support. It helped tremendously in sustaining me during my two month hospital stay and afterwards. I thank God for sparing my life and for Cursillo.”
2. We have a woodpecker drumming on our chimney. Either it has found some insects, it’s attracting a mate or just advertising it’s territory. I’m not an expert on woodpeckers, although I did enjoy Woody Woodpecker cartoons. So with a little bit of research I discovered that if I acquired a hawk decoy and placed in view of my home it would keep the woodpeckers away. The hawk has landed. All I have to do is figure out where to place it.
3. The honey bee population has been decreasing since about 2006. The bees are dying as a possible result of insecticides. Read the article by Alexandra Ludka.
I have two friends who have just gotten into beekeeping. It has sparked my interest but I have enough hobbies right now. Just ask Dee. Still, becoming a beekeeper is intriguing. There is the Virginia State Beekeepers Association where one can learn the trade. In addition, Virginia has a grant program to help stimulate the beekeeping industry. “$200 for every new beehive, up to $2,400.” Definitely something consider, just don’t tell Dee.

4. Tuck @ denbigh Church had an interesting blog this week. He wrote about making decisions and related it to “Putting Out the Fleece.” A reading from Judges 6:36-40
Many times I have selected the left road when I should have taken the right road. Once down the road it was too late to go back, so I learned to accept my choice and go on. Sometimes there was regret and sometimes things worked out. Later in life I learned that if put my faith in God the choices would be easier. If the choice I made seemed not to be the correct one I was okay. My faith in God gets me through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment