"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Monday, April 2, 2012

My Slow Takes (vol. 43)


1. The bathroom project is completed. My son Eric and my brother Tom helped me finish the electrical work. Tom showed up as a surprise visit and was unaware of the project. He said next time he’ll call before he drives down from Maryland. Dee is now adding the accessory items, colors and pictures. 
2. Iron Mitten does an excellent job of drawing historical and fictional characters. This week was a simple but comical drawing from “Lord of the Rings.” 


3. It’s allergy season and my eyes are tearing, making it difficult for the early morning. It’s a great excuse for not working out in the yard, but things do need to get done. I figure if I spread out the time that I spend outside it might make it a wee bit easier. So the plan is to try every other day just working for a hour or two. We’ll see how that works.

4. "My covenant with you is this: you are to become the father of a host of nations.”
“I will maintain my covenant with you and your descendants after you
throughout the ages as an everlasting pact, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you.”
"On your part, you and your descendants after you must keep my covenant throughout the ages."
The above reading from Genesis 17:3-9 made me think about how much God gave to Abraham. The only thing that Abraham and his descendants had to do is keep His covenant.
We are children and even though we have, there is always something more that we would like. Our minds like to keep things simple. Remembering what we have been told is easily forgotten. If we are not corrected the first time or the second or third then we think the sin is no longer a sin. We create our own problems and wonder why our lives are not what we think they should be. Our eyes can’t see and our hearts don’t love.

It is simple, our Lord loves us and provides the tools we require to stay away from sin. Open our eyes, love Him, love our neighbors as we love ourselves and keep His word.   
5. I waited until Thursday to mow the lawn. My plan didn’t work and I suffered for it. I need to get some help with the lawn until the pollen goes away.
6. Dee manages a “Curves for Women.” The owners, Anne and Rob are a wonderful couple and Dee loves working for them. They belong to the New Bridge Baptist Church where Rob is the Pastor. Over the weekend they moved the location from the upper front of the building down to behind the building. Dee asked if I would help and I spent some time Friday night and Saturday morning moving furniture, boxes and setting up their computer and related equipment. I was impressed by their friends and members of their church who arrived with a trailer to move the big things. Everyone pitched in and the move was completed by the end of the weekend. God at work; as always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment