"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, December 2, 2011

My Slow Takes (vol. 27)

1. One of my favorite Christmas albums is Michael Bolton's "This is the Time." I have it on iTunes for my MacBook and my iPod and play it all through Christmas. 


Here is a sample from the album, "O Holy Night." 


2.  Thomas Nast - “Merry Old Santa Claus









3. Sunday afternoon Dee had the grandchildren decorating the tree and setting up the manger scene. They did a great job and had fun doing it. 


4. The annual making of gingerbread houses was Wednesday night at Church of the Epiphany. This was our second year and we were joined by our youngest son Stephen and his wife Christina. I picked up two of their children, Eryn and Hailey, after work and we all met at church later.


Stephen worked with Eryn and Christina with Hailey. They made two beautiful houses. I loved watching Stephen work on the house. He really enjoyed sharing with his daughter. 


After their houses were completed Dee and our friend Pam got into the action and created two more. Pam working with Eryn and Dee with Hailey.


All of this was possible because of Diann and her helpers. They worked hard providing dinner prior to the house building. Then they setup the tables containing the icing, various candies, pretzels and other food items for the houses. Afterward there was clean up. A full night for the volunteers. Thank you all. 


5. Yesterday was the celebration of the Immaculate Conception. To me, Mary's Day of recognition of faith, setting an example for me to follow.


Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord.
May it be done to me according to your word."   Luke 1:26-38



Every time I read this I am awed by Mary's faith. There was no hesitation in her statement, she put herself in God's hands knowing that it was the right thing to do. My responses to situations are not as defining as Mary's. It is not easy for me but I know it's the right thing to do. I am blessed that He has the patience when dealing with me. Thank you Lord for your continued love.   


6. This morning I attended a group that Bill defined as a "fellowship" group. I was invited by my friend David who call it his "prayer group." Bill was trying to explain that the meetings were not "Bible study meetings." My definition, if one is required, is a gathering of Christian men sharing God's love. 


In addition to meeting Bill I was also introduced to Clyde and Gene. The were a couple of people not present but for group meetings that is not unusual. Besides; "for where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20

I look forward to attending next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment