"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, October 7, 2011

My Slow Takes (vol. 18)

1. I love this Garrison Keillor quote. His Prairie Home Companion is a favorite program of mine. The humor, music and various guests are always entertaining. My favorite part of the show is "Guy Noir." His adventures keep me laughing and provides a great release from the doldrums of the day.


"Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function."


2. Jennifer Fulwiler, at "Conversion Diary" invited bloggers to post their equivalent of her "7 Quick Takes" to her blog. So I have done that with the hope that more people will read what I write. Thank you Jennifer for the opportunity to expand my musings.


3. Last week I talked about technology and this week Apple announced the new IPhone 4S and also a cool deal on the iPhone 3S. I can now purchase a two-year contract and get a free iPhone 3S. I don't need it, really I don't. But wow what a great deal! 


4. USA Today had an article in the Wednesday edition about people protesting in New York and various other cities across the United States. There were two things that caught my attention. One was the photograph of Peter Yarrow from "Peter, Paul and Mary," and the other was the comment by New York City Councilman Dan Halloran.


I love the music of Peter, Paul and Mary even though I don't agree with all of their views. Seeing Peter Yarrow singing and surrounded by children does warm my heart. What is really supportive to me is that he continues to reach out, help and entertain. God bless him.


Now I don't know Mr. Halloran but I am surprised that he feels the protesters need or should have a "specific plan." I thought we elected government officials to listen to us. Haven't we been clear enough about what is going on in the United States? Weren't they elected to take information from us and put together the "plan?" Well, at least one that is suppose to work.


Just wondering.


5. Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011. He was only 56, some years younger than I am. The Apple website has his photo on it showing their devotion to the man and his accomplishments. I started with the Apple back in the early years. We used floppy disks and the screen was not in color. I now work on a MacBook Pro and continue to embrace the Apple product line.


One of the articles I read stated that Steve "embraced Eastern culture and religion." He was a Buddhist. It's interesting that a man with his knowledge and intelligence did not see Christ as our Savior. But then we really don't know what his last thoughts were. Perhaps he reached the vineyards, just late in the day.     

No comments:

Post a Comment