"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Friday, September 2, 2011

Remembering 2011

My apologies for my post "Nine Years Later." The editing was not well done. Please take the time to read this.


There will be a lot of articles and information as we approach September 11, 2011. I am re-publishing an article that I wrote, September 2009, on my website entitled "Remembering." 


Dedicated to John Vigiano Sr. and his family. My prayers are with you.


"I listen to National Public Radio, NPR, every morning on my way to work. On Friday mornings there is a segment on “StoryCorps.” Each week a different story is aired and I always look forward to listening to people tell a little bit about their lives. Yesterday on the eighth anniversary of 9-11 John Vigiano Sr. told the story of his two sons. John Vigiano Jr., a New York City fireman and Joe Vigiano, a New York City Police Detective. Both sons died in the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.

As the story ended I had just pulled up to get a coffee at our local Panera Bread. I sat in my car for a few moments to regain my composure. We have three sons. Their ages are 30, 34 and 36 and all of them are still alive and healthy. The youngest, Stephen, is a Lieutenant in the City of Richmond Fire Department. Stephen is the in the center, front row of the picture. We know the dangers that both firemen and policemen face every day. To them it is “just their job,” and they can’t imagine doing anything else. I pray to God to keep Stephen safe. I tell Stephen and his brothers that I love them, but probably not as often as I should. So now if I miss an opportunity you can go to my website."

                                 “I love you.”



No comments:

Post a Comment