"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to Literature & Angels. This is an attempt to write about my faith journey, my ideas, thoughts and other things. Enjoy your visit and read with your heart. Sometimes the mind misses the things that the heart will embrace.

Today’s Gospel by Matthew (7:21, 24-27) does remind me how important it is to have a solid foundation in my relationship with the Father. I see the rain, floods and wind as our everyday exposures to life. Things like illness, despair, disappointment, or missed moments in life. To face these daily encounters I need to work at my foundation keeping my faith with Jesus. He is always there for me but I need to keep my eyes open to Him. I need to listen when He is talking to me. I have the tools to build a strong house of faith. I am prepared for the storms that I see coming. It is the storms that are unexpected, the storms that bring the darkness. They are the difficult storms; they are the ones that require the strongest faith. I am thankful for the strength that He will give me to face these. I know that I face these with Him at my side. I know that it will be difficult; it may take time, but I know I will get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment