"Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset." Saint Francis De Sales

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pass the Blame

Then he asked, “Who told you that you were naked?
You have eaten, then, from the tree of which I had forbidden you to eat!”
The man replied, “The woman whom you put here with me,
she gave me fruit from the tree, and so I ate it.”                               Genesis 3:9-15

I have been in Adam’s place, passing the blame to someone else. It was easy to do and at the time it was the quick and easy way out. I didn’t want to admit it that is was my own weakness that made me sin.  
We raised three boys and I can remember discovering a finger mark in a newly finished cake. Standing before me with icing on his face our youngest son said, “It wasn’t me, I didn’t do it, he did!” And he then he pointed to one of his brothers. I wanted to laugh because he was so convincing. He knew he was wrong but tried to pass the blame.  
God knows when we sin but He lets us confess and repent when we do. He loves us like I love our sons, only more. He is more forgiving and understands why we say and do the things we do. His love has no limits. He sent His son Jesus to us so that we could be forgiven of our sins.

Then the angel said to her,
“Do not be afraid, Mary,
for you have found favor with God.
Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son,
and you shall name him Jesus.
He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High,
and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father,
and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever,
and of his Kingdom there will be no end.”                            Luke 1:26-38

Today we celebrate the “Feast of the Immaculate Conception.” Tonight we go to Mass to pray and honor the Virgin Mary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment